Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CVS Couponing: Week of June 26th: The Loot

Plus a raincheck :)

So things pretty much went as planned, except that the body washes and deodorants both rang up for $3 each for some reason.... normally this would be fine with me except that I wanted to reach the $15 on my Dove products to get my $5 EB!  So, I explained to the manager that the shelf had the body wash marked at $5, which should have pushed me above the $15 mark ($16 to be exact) to qualify for the  $5 EB.  He played nice, doubled checked the weekly ad, and just gave me the $5 EB without making me pay the remaining $5.  Sa-weet!  So, here's the breakdown:

Total value (read: CVS prices totaled before sales or coupons): $18.79
Total OOP: $0.80+ tax = $1.04 (I spent a $5.99 and $4 EB--> $9.99 in EB total)
Remaining EB (to spend on my next trip!): $2.49 from last week + $11.79 from this week = $14.28 EB total

And for the stat that really matters....
Total OOP spent in my first month of CVS couponing: $36.20 +tax
Not bad considering about $14 of that was "start up" costs and I have $14.28 in EB to use next month.  I expect to only spend $5 to $10 at CVS next month.  Do you think that's a reasonable expectation?

1 comment: