Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

CVS Couponing: Week of June 12th: The Loot


So, I feel like this week was more of a fail than a success, and I'm starting to wonder if the entire couponing thing is worth it.  Andrew and I decided we'll give it a month before dropping the whole experiment.  Today we had no luck finding free Sunday papers, so we ended up laying down $4 (ugh) for 2 at the Shell station.  Then we headed on over to CVS, where they were out of the John Frieda Full Repair products and I was too shy to ask for a raincheck.... maybe I'll check back later this week?  Doubtful.  Not to mention, the whole lack of JF Full Repair products threw me for a loop and I decided to just put everything in one big transaction rather than figure out how to break it down into two.  Bad choice.  Why you ask?  Well, because now I'll be forced to spend another $15.99 in EB (no cash or EB back on EB you don't spend!) down the road.  Is all this number crunching and searching for Sunday papers really worth it?  Probably not.  It seems the whole EB thing will just keep us going back to CVS every week (or few) to spend our EB and a little more (tax, extra items to make sure we use up all the EB since there's no cash back, less the money we may loss on not using EB before they expire...).  We just don't really need to buy toiletries every month.  Now maybe one small trip every month could be worth it, but definitely not if we have to actually buy the Sunday paper.  Oh well, it's an experiment, right?? That's what I keep telling myself.  Andrew says I'm "such a maven," trying to safe us and others money, but right now I feel like a total fail.  Live and learn?

I doubt we'll even use the Motrin PM.



Total value (read: CVS prices totaled before sales or coupons): $21.99 + tax
This week's total OOP:  $7.16
EB back: $15.99

No comments:

Post a Comment