Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

CVS Couponing: Week of June 5th: The Plan

Let me preface this by saying that I don't actually have a Sunday paper subscription.  I do, though, have a couple ideas about how to get a hold of some of the free coupon inserts that come with it.  I'll update you later on how things pan out.  If all goes as planned, here's what I hope to buy on my first couponing trip to CVS.  I plan to break it up into 2 transactions my first week, just to limit my out of pocket expense.  As the weeks go by I should be able to just pay for my items using the previous weeks Extra Bucks (Extra Bucks are like CVS-specific monopoly money that I *believe* expires a month after "earning" it).

Transaction #1:

2 bottles of Crest Pro-Health Rinse, 1L $4.50 each 
Per CVS ad: Buy 1, get $2.50 Extra Bucks, Limit 2
Use 2 $2/1 Crest Rinse coupons (P&G 6/5)

2 bottles of Excedrin Extra Strength, PM or Migraine, 8 ct. $0.99 each
Per CVS ad: Buy 1, get $0.99 Extra Bucks, Limit 2

OOP (out-of-pocket expense): $6.98 + tax
EB (Extra Bucks) back: $6.98

Transaction #2:

1 bottle of John Frieda Collection Shampoo and 1 bottle of John Frieda Collection Conditioner $5 each 
Per CVS ad: Buy $10 worth of John Frieda Collection products, get $3 Extra Bucks, Limit 1
Use 2 $2/1 John Frieda Product coupons (SS 6/5)

1 Ban Invisible Solid deodorant, 2.5 oz. $2.99
Per CVS ad: Buy 1, get $2 Extra Bucks, Limit 1
Use $0.75/1 Ban Solid coupon (SS 6/5)

2 tubes of Colgate MaxClean SmartFoam, MaxFresh, MaxWhite, 6 oz $2.79
Per CVS ad: Buy 1, get $2 Extra Bucks, Limit 2
Use 2 $0.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste coupons (SS 6/5)


OOP after spending the $6.98 EB from transaction #1: $5.34 + tax
EB back: $9


Total OOP for this trip to CVS: $12.32 + tax
EB remaining (for next trip!): $9

Sorta like getting all that for $3.32 + tax, though I won't account for it in our budget that way.  Still, not bad!

What are your thoughts on couponing?  Have you found any extreme toiletry steals?

No comments:

Post a Comment