Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

CVS Couponing: Week of June 19th: The Plan

First, I have a confession.  I made a couponing mistake last week when I stopped at a second CVS to see if they had the John Frieda hair stuff (they didn't), and figured, "Hey, might as well pick up another razor since I'm here."  Why the mistake?  Oh, because I forgot there was a "Limit 1" deal on that little EB scenario.  Long story short, I tried to buy it, paid with EB, realized my mistake, decided not to buy it.  That meant to get my EB back (you know, the ones I paid with for the razor I actually decided not to purchase) the cashier had to call over a manager and ended up giving me cash back.  Totally ok with that.  Not so okay with the newb couponer mistake, however.  It ended up being ok with me though since it sort of offset my ONE CVS transaction that I actually meant to break into 2 to offset my OOP expense, but didn't because I was lame.  Anyway, I tell you that: 1.  to be real and 2. because now I have a $6 and $5.99 EB in my possession, and no $4 EB, as you may have thought previously.  Got it?

This week I plan to use the $6 EB only (both the $6 and $5.99 EB expire on 7/12).  You see, the CVS deal this week for me are only "meh."  Here's the plan:

Transaction #1 (and only):

1 ProteinBar Energy or Protein Bites, 2.6-3 oz $2.49
Per CVS ad:  Buy 1, get $2.49 EB, Limit 1

2 Colgate Total Gum Defense, Advanced or Enamel Strength, 4 oz Max, 6 oz or 360 Surround Toothbrush, $2.79 each
Per CVS ad: Buy 1, get $2 EB, Limit 2
Use 2 $1/1 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste coupons (SS 6/12)


Total Cost: $6.07
Total OOP for this trip to CVS$0.07 ($6 will be paid with EB) + tax
EB remaining (for next trip!)$5.99 remaining from EB earned last week + $6.49 earned this week =  $12.48

No comments:

Post a Comment