Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Still couponing, but other things take the cake... Er, my time.

Yep, Andrew's been running the budget the last few months and the verdict is that couponing is definitely worth the trouble. Hooray!

Thing is, I've learned that my time spent blogging about it- no so worth it. Plus, there are already so many great coupon blogs out there. :)

For one last blog post on this couponing thing- here's how my couponing routine has changed a bit. Yeah, a new job, a new house (more on that soon!) and less free time always forces me to manage my time better. Here's my new method:

- Collect 4 papers every Sunday morning.
- Stop by CVS to pick up whatever The Krazy Coupon Lady has deemed a great deal.
- Head home. Label the front of each insert with the date and file them away in an expandable file. I use to clip and file ALL the coupon in a big binder of baseball card holders- SUCH a waste of time! I think it really started to feel stupid at the end of every month when I'd end up having to throw away half of what I had clipped because they had expired.
- Check out the other deals of the week. I've narrowed my stores down to Target (via Cheap Deals on Totally Target), Tom Thumb and the occasional Family Dollar or Dollar General (all via Coupon Mom). Make a list, clip and print coupons from target.com.
-Hit up the stores as I have time.
- file coupons I don't end up using in my baseball card holder binder so I can easily find them later if needed.

Yay for couponing. Double yay for time-efficient couponing. :)

On to the next blog-worthy topic- our house the elbow grease we're putting into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment