Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed In (-ish)

Today we woke up to this.



Beautiful, no?

Well, this is day 2 of snow (and ICE) here in F Dub, and while it's gorgeous and all... I've caught a BAD case of the cabin fever.  That's the official diagnosis.  THE cabin fever.  Class yesterday was cancelled and I'm off work for, like, the next week or so... (this going part-time thing is slightly over-rated.) and I'm getting really sick of piddling.  That's what I do when I'm stuck inside with no agenda.  I piddle.  And do a lot of crafty things.  And piddle some more.

So naturally, I was SUPER excited when I remembered that we were meeting friends at Pei Wei for lunch. FREE lunch.  Because we were all awesome and stopped in to our favorite East of Usual bistro last week for a coupon for a their new Korean BBQ dish.  I love free food. :)

I made Mom's banana bread for b-fast.


YUM.  Dangerously YUM.

Then our power went out.  Again.  And it started getting really chilly inside.  Fortunately, I thought quick and remembered neither Andrew or I had showered (and he had just gotten back from a run...), so I interrupted him mid phono convo with a "We gotta shower or there won't be any hot water!"  I was pretty proud of my logic.

Until my hair was wet.  And blow dryers are powered by electricity, you know.

Needless to say, I was relieved when the electricity turned on shortly post-shower.  Going out in 13 degree (feels like 9!) weather like a wet dog was really gonna bite.

Thank you, Jesus, for pointing out my pride, and then for gracefully giving us electricity.

SO glad my hair was dry.  And that we didn't totally eat it on the ice.



P.S.  Pray for Andrew and his co-workers tonight- for safe driving and warm toes!  They're valeting downtown on this frigid evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment