Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life in Grace

Just wanted to introduce you all (though few!) to one of my favorite blogs, and to the woman behind it.  Her name is Edie.  I haven't actually ever met her, but I'd like to.

I had been blog surfing quite a bit last fall looking for Christmas gift and decor/craft ideas, and stumbled upon Edie's blog.  I'm not sure what landed me there, but I am so very glad it did.  Edie is a beautiful mother, wife, teacher and home-maker, and her posts are riveting.  She speaks so much truth, drenched in the Word and in community, and disciples many (perhaps unknowingly) through her poignant writing.

Well, I hadn't kept up with any blogs over the holidays, and didn't come back to hers until I decided to create my own.  As I read through the posts, I learned that she and her beautiful family were devestated about a week before Christmas when their house burned to the ground.  By God's grace, each of them escaped unscathed. 

Her response to this tragedy models better than I could ever imagine what it means to suffer well.  She is raw and broken, and so very fixed on solid ground.  A beautiful balance of brokenness and hope for the promises of the Lord.  I'm so encouraged by her.  I hope you are too.

Thank you, Lord, for your promises of love and restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment